Cibervoluntarios Foundation presented EmpoderaLIVE 2017 in the City of Malaga. The event was attended by Julio Andrade, Councilor for Social Rights and Ruth Sarabia, General Director of Social Rights, Citizen Participation, Immigration and Development Cooperation of the City of Málaga along with Yolanda Rueda, President of the Cibervoluntarios Foundation.
The XI edition of the international symposium, reference on social technology will be held on 11 and 12 September at the Echegaray Theater. This year, under the slogan Making by Hacking, Citizens of Change Creating the Future Now, the Congress will bring together world leaders, visionaries who, in a disruptive, innovative, open and sustainable way, are rethinking the system to generate dynamics of change and social impact.
Among the Speakers of #empoderaLIVE 2017:
• Kelly Snook, Scientific Researcher and co-creator of Mi.Mu Gloves. Ph.D. in Aeronautics and Astronautics at Stanford University. He worked for 20 years at NASA.
• Carlo Ratti, Director of MIT Senseable City Lab, Founder of Carlo Ratti Associati.
• Nieves Cubo, Researcher & Engineer in 3D printing of human tissues for medical application.
• Mahmud and Massoud Hassani, Founders of Mine Kafon Foundation
• Aral Balkan, Ethical designer and Cyborg Rights activist. Leads the technological policy area in DIEM 25
• Bas van Abel, Founder of Fairphone
Yolanda Rueda, President of the Cibervoluntarios Foundation, highlights: “EmpoderaLIVE is a meeting point for innovation, where are shown pioneering initiatives that are making a social use of creative and innovative technology, which promotes networking, the exchange of ideas and the creation of new projects is encouraged”.
According to Francisco de la Torre, Mayor of the city of Malaga: “We are proud to contribute to the development of this Congress that is already a reference at international level and where are going to be shown the latest advances on urban innovation, Open Bio Printing, Artificial Intelligence, Social Justice in the digital age, ethics, open and sustainable technology, Wearables for scientific and cultural expansion. In short, projects that are building the ecosystem of social innovation in Europe”.
The group of magnificent speakers make this edition an unavoidable event to discover the new advances of social innovation.
Visit our website for more info: http://empodera.org/empoderalive-2017/
Follow the event in streaming and with the hashtags #Empoderalive and #MakingByHacking