Fundación Cibervoluntarios and UNITAR have just signed a collaboration agreement in the framework of the recent #empoderaxlosODS held in Málaga, the event that brought together world leaders in social technology working to achieve the 2030 Agenda. This important agreement focus to achieve common objectives for the Sustainable Development Goals with the empodera.org platform and encourage citizens to participate in the process. With this signature, Fundación Cibervoluntarios is fully committed to partnerships and collaboration to create global impact.
The signature took place at the closing of #empoderaxlosODS and was made real by the Assistant Secretary General of the United Nations and Executive Director of UNITAR, Nikhil Seth and the President of the Cibervoluntarios Foundation, Yolanda Rueda. This agreement is the result of collaboration with the Cifal Málaga Center and the City of Málaga.
The Golas to be implemented in the short and medium term are:
• Promote an open, inclusive and transparent participation of citizens as an active part in achieving the SDGs
• Foster, through technological tools, a more efficient participation in the face of the existing needs in the 2030 Agenda. Not only to generate business but, more importantly, to generate social transformation and build the needs in opportunities in a sustainable and ethical way.
• Strengthen the local development and skills of Civil Society Institutions from a local and global perspective for the development of the 2030 Agenda
• Provide innovative tools in the implementation and development to engage civil society in the achievement of the SDGs
• Develop coordinated and systematic actions to support the role of Civil Society and citizens, to provide solutions to real social needs, to grow the economies that need it most, to bet on a sustainable future, to promote Peace, Human Rights and a Better Governance.
• Identify and develop new ways of monitoring the SDGs, based on technologies such as Big Data or Blockchain, in conjunction with existing ones.
• Encourage and carry out studies, conferences, workshops and seminars to raise awareness among citizens about the Sustainable Development Goals.